Dandelion: A perennial yellow-flowered herb, native to Eurasia
but widespread throughout much of temperate North America.
A weed.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Bean Bag Love

The kids LOVE bean bags. The problem, so far, though has been the quality of the bean bags that we can afford. It doesn't take long before the stitching starts to come apart, and then we have those little pellets all over the house.

I've been fascinated with these floor pillows that I found over at Living with Punks. So I sat down today and tried to make my own.
A few changes I made:
I made mine 28" instead of 17"
I made a bag to go inside it, and filled that with bean bag pellets
I then stuffed stuffing around the inside bag
Every seam is double stitched with a zig zag stitch -- those pellets are going to have to go through FOUR layers of stitches to get out!

Sorry for the low quality of the pictures -- my camera is still on the fritz. Santa baby, if you're reading, I need a new camera. Been an awful good girl!


Mine is probably not as fancy as the other blog's, but Joseph sure looks happy :)

You can still see the leftover pellets that I have yet to clean up. Never turn your back on a 3 year old girl and a 1 year old boy when a bag of pellets is in the room ... just saying ...

4 comments:

  1. Wow...I am impressed! I would have never even thought about trying to make my own...one down and five to go, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seven to go :) I'm going to make some for me and David, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wold make AWESOME Christmas presents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, now that's a thought ....

    ReplyDelete