Dandelion: A perennial yellow-flowered herb, native to Eurasia
but widespread throughout much of temperate North America.
A weed.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Nana!

Yesterday, Joseph brought me the phone. "Na! Ba! Na! Na!" He said. He wanted to call Nana and Papaw. He’s recently developed a love for talking on the phone, and will chatter away about everything he sees. He especially loves calling Nana.

"Sweetie," I said, "We can’t call Nana today. She’s in Colorado and very far away from her phone."

"Na!" he insisted.

So I took the phone and called his Daddy. He wouldn’t care who he talked to, right? As long as he got to talk to someone, right? I explained to his Daddy what was going on, and handed the phone to Joseph.

Oh, he was so excited! He eagerly took the phone from my hand as if it was the greatest thing in the world.

You should have seen his face drop when he heard his Daddy’s voice. "Na?!?" he said. This wasn’t Nana! What was Mommy thinking?

He hung up the phone and walked away. I guess we’ll have to call Nana next week sometime.

Posted by Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment