I had a wonderful thought the other day: Banana Split Bread!
I looked around on Pinterest for a recipe, but couldn't find anything that sounded as good as I imagined. So I took my favorite banana bread recipe, and went to town :)
This bread was very moist, and tasted just as I hoped it would -- like a banana split in bread form. The kids loved it!
Banana Split Bread
makes 2 loaves
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup honey
8 bananas, mashed
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup white chips
1 cup applesauce
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans, and set aside.
2. Mix flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Cream eggs and butter. Blend in honey. Mix in bananas, chocolate chips, white chips, applesauce and cherries.
4. Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pans. Top the loaves with the sliced strawberries.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, 35 minutes.