Dandelion: A perennial yellow-flowered herb, native to Eurasia
but widespread throughout much of temperate North America.
A weed.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Not a baby

I asked Gideon tonight (as I often ask): "Are you my baby boy?"  Tonight's answer was "No, because I'm not a baby."  "Oh?" I remarked, "How do you know that you're not a baby?"  His answer was unmistakeable: "God told me that I'm not a baby."

That one's going to be pretty hard to argue with, I guess.  When you really want to bolster your case, appeal to authority!

Oh, ten seconds later, our little boy who isn't a baby any more had dropped all his words and was trying to tell me something by pointing, making noises, and using hand gestures.  Not a baby, indeed!  What baby could possibly speak such complicated languages?

No comments:

Post a Comment