Another cake invention, this time from Joseph. Again, we used the Invent Your Own Cake at I Can Teach My Child!
The Chocolate Cake
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup blueberries
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bundt pan and cupcake pan with Baker's Joy.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix eggs and sugar. Add in milk, applesauce, vanilla and lemon juice.
4. Slowly stir egg mixture into the flour mixture.
5. Add in chocolate chips and blueberries.
6. Fill one cupcake hole 3/4 full with batter. Pour the rest of the batter into prepared bundt pan.
7. Bake cupcake for 20 minutes. Bake cake for 60 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
9. To make icing, whisk milk into
powdered sugar. Drizzle on top of the cooled cake. Crumble the cupcake in
your hands and sprinkle crumbs on top of the cake.